Who doesn’t love digging into a nice batch of warm and freshly baked nachos covered in cheese!? Instead of buying tortilla chips and processed cheese I made these spicy sweet potato chips and homemade cheese dip! The cheese was an experiment that actually ended up turning out spicily delicious.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- Wash and peel 1 sweet potato
- Cut into very thin slices – the thinner the better because they will become crispier
- In a bowl marinate with 1 tbsp almond oil, Himalayan sea salt and chilli powder
- Cover two trays with parchment paper and spread out evenly
- Place in the oven for about 20mins (till you notice the outsides of the potatoes curving up)
- Flip them onto the other side and leave for another 20mins
You may have to leave them in the oven a bit longer, it all depends on how quickly they become crispy. This is also why you want them cut thin otherwise you can leave them in the oven till they turn black and they still won’t become crispy :p Be the judge and keep a close eye on them incase.
Best part of the cheese dip is… it’s FULLY RAW! who needs a cow to make cheese?
Cheese Dip Recipe